Clarksville-Montgomery County Economic Development Council
Workforce Development Coordinator
Industrial Development Board - IDB
The Workforce Development Coordinator for the Clarksville-Montgomery County IDB will direct Workforce Development marketing efforts and assist in the implementation of the business development strategy. The Coordinator will play an essential role to create and facilitate an employer-led, industry-focused workforce development system and develops workers in sufficient numbers to meet the needs of current and prospective employers. This will be accomplished by working with community partners to raise awareness in critical need occupations, by improving the basic skills and employability of workers, providing skills/ career training in targeted fields, increasing collaboration, and coordination of workforce development efforts and creating a data system for measuring supply and demand. The Coordinator will have project and customer relationship management responsibilities.
1. Lead efforts related to the implementation and creation of a unified vision, strategic blueprint, and goals of an employer-led, industry sector-focused workforce development model
2. Convene, develop, and manage highly collaborative relationships with key stakeholders related to workforce development to promote business competitiveness and individual success in jobs and careers
3. Identify and foster effective partnerships between business, education, labor, economic development, and other workforce organizations, both locally and regionally
4. Execute and sustain an awareness of the Clarksville Is Hiring Campaign that includes consistent public and media relations initiatives, website development, and appropriate marketing and online materials that connect employers, education, and training service providers and potential employees. Coordinate with the EDC Director of Communication in this effort.
5. Represent the CMCIDB in public forums, by making public presentations and communicate with the community on issues, collaborating with regional partners to develop regional workforce development policies, and attending state, regional, national forums and conferences
6. Coordinate with Director of Business Development workforce programs and deliver strategies to better assist industry recruitment
7. Represent the organization at speaking engagements, events, and meetings, in the absence of the Executive Director
8. Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Website administration familiarity
- Personal integrity and professional presence
- Willingness to problem solve, be a self-starter and team leader
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally Must possess strong interpersonal relationship skills, with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience developing and making sales presentations, providing prospect client services, and simultaneously managing multiple projects
Experience – Three years of experience in economic development, workforce development with business and industry, project management experience preferred. Pursuit and or attainment of Certified Economic Developer designation.
Education - Four-year degree in Business, Marketing, or related field of study.
Flexibility to travel domestically as well as work some evenings and weekends as necessary
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org