Clarksville-Montgomery County Economic Development Council
Position: Executive Director of Industrial Development Board of the County of Montgomery
FLSA status: Exempt
Reports to: (Internal) (External-Volunteers)
Chairman, Industrial Development Board
IDB Executive Committee
Reports to Incumbent: Director of Economic Development of IDB
Economic Development Coordinator of IDB
Generally speaking, the incumbent, under the direct supervision of the IDB Executive Committee of the EDC, is charged with assisting the EDC, Executive Director in providing the community and area with a quality, comprehensive, and successful economic development program that will result in more quality jobs, payrolls, and investment in the community. The incumbent will manage the day to day operations and programs of the Industrial Development Board.
- The development, maintenance, and packaging of economic data as a key sales tool in presentations (database management, sales packets, A.V. presentations, etc.).
- Development and implementation of a targeted marketing plan.
- Day to day management of IDB and its assets (i.e.: Industrial Park, etc.).
- Represent the community and EDC at assigned local, state, regional, and national meetings.
- Executive Director is to communicate on a regular basis with the County Mayor, City Mayor, and the IDB Chairman.
- Develop customized proposals including incentive packages for prospects.
- Direct all aspects of prospecting (leads, contact, follow up, site visits, tracking, closing, etc.).
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing & Communications in all aspects of the communication function for the IDB.
- Maintain and improve relationships with key economic development partners (i.e.: Tennessee Departments of Economic and Community Development, TVA, MTIDA, railroads, utilities, contractors, developers, and Industrial Relations, etc.)
- Teaming up with the EDC agencies, work closely with local companies, with emphasis upon problem-solving, job “savings", job creation, and expansion.
- Direct and Supervise Aspire initiatives conducted by the Board.
- Develop the Board’s Operating budget in concert with the EDC, Executive Director and the VP of Finance and conduct operations in accordance with it.
- Act as Liaison to the Board by organizing informative meetings and communicating effectively to its members.
- Coordinate and follow the directions of the Industrial Development Board.
- Executive Director is to ensure that the community controlled property is available for industry relocations, and to attempt to acquire additional land for development and recruitment for the future use.
- Perform other EDC duties as may be assigned.
Volunteer Management skills
Ability to manage a budget
Strong organizational skills
Graduation from a college or university in a related field (highly preferred).
Marketing experience in Economic Development related field (highly preferred).
Experience: 5(+) years required
Annual Salary Range: $80,000-$110,000
*Exempt employees are not subject to wage & hour laws and therefore not compensated for overtime hours.
Email resumes to email@example.com